Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sleeping Through the Night!

I am so proud to announce that...


AUBRYN IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!


We moved her into her own room, a very bittersweet moment. It was much later than I anticipated moving her, but due to space (even though we live in a 2 story, 3 bedroom with a loft house...lol), she was with us in our room. I figured that her being in our room was hindering her sleeping, since she would wake up shortly after we came to bed. I decided to do a "technique" that I put together from hearing other parent's sleepytime stories. I found out later that it is actually a technique called the VRT (verbal reassurance technique). She now sleeps from 8:30pm to 6:00am!!!


So...here is to a full night's sleep!!


It has been 9 months of waking multiple times throughout the night. I have not gotten a good night's sleep since December 19, 2010. And you know what? I would not trade a SECOND of those wake ups, late night feedings, pacing back and forth with an inconsolable baby, Tylenol and teething tablets, diaper changes (and sometimes clothing/bedding changes), and endless snuggles for ANYTHING! 


I love you baby girl!


<3 K

No comments:

Post a Comment